Navigating the Medical Billing System
Medical billing can be a long and drawn out process, especially for vestibular diagnostics and treatment, where many procedures do not easily fit into a specific insurance codes.
While VeDA is not an expert in medical billing, the special interest groups of many professional associations offer resources that can help.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) - Neurology Section, Vestibular Special Interest Group: Coding Challenges with Canalith Repositioning Maneuver CPT 95992
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) Coding Corner
- American Speech Language Hearing Association - CPT Coding for Balance and/or Vestibular Rehabilitation
- American Speech Language Hearing Association - ICD-10 codes relating to hearing and balance disorders.
- American Speech Language Hearing Association - ICD-9/10 mapping spreadsheet
- American Speech Language Hearing Association - ICD-9/10 mapping tool
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology - CPT Codes
- American Medical Association - CPT code manager
- Audiology Superbill Template - Diagnostic and Rehabilitative Procedures
- American Academy of Audiology - Vestibular Testing FAQs
- American Academy of Audiology - ICD-10 Codes Used by Audiologists
- ICD10Data.com - Official converstion tool for ICD-9/10
- Find-a-Code (paid service)